The Consortium is an organization not unlike Interpol in our world that has directive of establishing and maintaining peace globally. It was founded in 2032 and has a hierarchal structure with titles that show rank as well as protect the identities of its members:
- King: The leader of the organization.
- Queen: The public face of the organization as well as a surrogate for the King when a human touch is required.
- Knight: Commanders usually in charge of their own C-3800.
- Bishop: Combat specialists that execute missions given to them by the Knight.
- Rook: Opertional specialists that are under the direction of the Knight.
- Pawn: The worker bees of the organization that do any and every task assigned to them. Thay may be under the command of a Rook or a Knight. They are supposed to refuse orders given to them by the Bishop.
Partial mandate revealed by one of the developers:
- No Consortium officer shall ever inflict or promote lethal force unless absolutely necessary to protect innocent lives.
- Conflict resolution and peaceful mediation are the cornerstones of Consortium procedure.
- A Consortium officer is first and foremost an agent of his or her environment.
- The Consortium’s greatest weapon is transparency.
- All situations of a political nature are the responsibility of local government, and not the Consortium or its officers.
Five is the maximum threat: